Linum Consult’s client is part of a multinational Tier 1 main contractor – a world leader in structural engineering, currently seeking to expand their UK operations. They are urgently looking for a dynamic Structural Design Engineer, to join their growing team in their London office.
- Designing and detailing temporary works and strengthening solutions, justifying appropriate construction methods
- Managing internal design processes and programmes, along with the design activities undertaken by external engineers
- Liaising with Clients, Checkers, and other Engineers
- Performing job risk assessments and design hazard analyses
- Assessing tenders to study feasibility and giving recommendations to Clients
- Assisting the company’s Estimators with the technical aspects of tenders and drafting
- Managing the design activities by external Engineers
- Ensuring designs are safe and economically optimised
- Master’s degree qualification in Structural Civil Engineering
- At least 4 years’ experience in designing steel and reinforced concrete structures and temporary works
- Strong confidence in structural engineering principles and the capability to carry out manual calculations
- Experience in designing steel works and connections (bolted and welded)
- A background within a consultancy environment, with the willingness to apply this into the practical aspects of construction
- Engineering software required knowledge: SAP2000, IDEA StatiCa
- CAD software required knowledge: Autocad/Fusion 360/Revit
- Only candidates that already have the right to live and work in the UK can be considered.
If you fulfil ALL of the key criteria for this position, then please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Neill Donald. If your application is successful you will be contacted within 48 hours for a further discussion.