Linum Consult’s client is a leading specialist sub-contractor, part of a larger Tier 1 major civil engineering group. Due to exceptional growth across the UK, they are urgently seeking multiple Project Managers with a proven track record within the UK civil engineering market, to join their teams in Sheffield & Birmingham.
- Ensuring the safe and effective delivery of projects; from involvement during the initial pre-contract award, through budgeting, planning, and procurement stage to the construction-phase delivery and handover
- Managing Site Supervisors and Site Engineers
- Working closely with the Contracts/Operations Manager to plan, manage, and deliver project tasks and outcomes in accordance with scope and contract, including authoring Risk Assessment Method Statements
- Reviewing and validating plans and drawings, and interfacing with design engineers and draftsmen to ensure accuracy and buildability
- Engaging and managing subcontractors, ensuring safe systems of works are in place and complied with, inductions completed, and work standards/schedules are being adhered to
- Managing the project’s life cycle cost control; from pre-start budget, construction phase cost reporting and forecasting
- Monitoring the payment of invoices
- Ensuring safety is managed to company and legal standards across all projects and through visible management of commitment to supporting the safety culture within the company
- Degree qualification in Civil Engineering or equivalent in a relevant construction discipline
- Professional Health & Safety qualification (CSCS Black card & SMSTS minimum)
- 10 years’ post-graduation experience in the operational management of civil engineering projects gained from a Tier 2 contracting environment
- Experience with Project Planning software
- Experience in structural inspections, bridge repairs & strengthening is essential
- The right to live and work in the UK
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com for the attention of Neill Donald, detailing your current financial package and notice period.