Linum Consult’s client is part of one of the world’s largest construction companies operating on prestigious civil engineering projects globally. Working in conjunction with a number of government & blue-chip clients they undertake a range of technical civil engineering projects. They are currently seeking a Project Manager specialising in Diaphragm Walls, Deep Foundations, and Ground Improvement works for their project in Chennai, India.
- Ensuring that all the works are completed in due time and as per schedule and with accordance with the contract conditions
- Defining the works methodology
- General project organization and project management
- Defining and estimating the project risks and opportunities
- Planning and forecasting of staff, manpower and plant required and communicating any requirements to the Operations Manager
- Ensuring that the financial goals as defined in the tender documents are met with or exceeded.
- Directly liaising with the Consultant/ Engineer/ Architect or Client
- Contractual follow-up; solving all contractual matters of the project
- Preparing result forecasts and budget controls
- Degree qualified in Civil/Structural Engineering or equivalent. Professional membership or chartership (MICE, CEng, etc.) would be beneficial
- At least 10 years’ experience as a contractor or subcontractor in civil engineering projects, with 5 years’ experience in diaphragm walls, deep foundations, and ground improvement/ground engineering works is essential
- Experience and familiarity with working in India is essential
- Previous experience as a Project Manager
- Analytically minded, with excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- Fluent in spoken and written Hindi and English
If you fulfill ALL of the key criteria for this position, then please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Neill Donald. If your application is successful you will be contacted within 48 hours for a further discussion.