Linum Consult’s client operates in the Middle East. Due to continued growth, they are currently seeking a Procurement Specialist with a background in the Civil Engineering/Rail industry to join their team in Qatar.
- Overseeing, managing, and coordinating the procurement of work, goods and/or services on behalf of the company in accordance with approved policies, plans, and procedures, and assisting in the administration and/or commercial management of contracts
- Managing the tender process for assigned procurements
- Identifying and capturing the company’s or end-user’s requirements and advising the best way these can be achieved through the procurement process
- Preparing, reviewing, and obtaining necessary approvals for tender documents for assigned procurements
- Assessing tender submissions (commercial or technical) as directed
- Advising the company’s and department’s management teams on procurement strategy, implementation, metrics, and performance
- Identifying risk in specific procurements or the general procurement process, and assisting in the development and implementation of solutions and monitoring their effectiveness
- At least a Bachelor’s degree qualification in either Engineering, Quantity Surveying or Law.
- At least 10 years’ experience in large scale procurement activities, preferably in an ERP environment, of which a minimum of 3 years should have been in a senior position
- Significant experience of working in the rail/metro construction industry is essential
- Excellent technical knowledge of sourcing and procurement strategies and policies
- Strong understanding of qualitative and quantitative evaluation techniques
- Demonstrable background of interacting with very senior members of staff and stakeholders
- Previous history of working internationally and in the Middle East
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com for the attention of Francis Ryan, detailing your current financial package and notice period.