Linum Consult’s client is an international infrastructure and engineering company, currently seeking a Procurement Manager to support its European subsidiaries. This role will be based in London.
- Supporting the Project Director on construction procurement and logistics matters
- Identifying and sourcing subcontractors
- Working with engineering and QS teams to develop budgets according to bills of quantities and other related calculations; evaluating cost effective options (e.g., lease vs buy alternatives)
- Supporting the bidding documents and contracts; keeping abreast with any changes to design and/or construction work and adjusting the budget projections accordingly
- Negotiating scopes of services and work schedules with preferred suppliers and subcontractors
- Taking an active role in the preparations of construction and maintenance contracts, and other related legal documentation with suppliers
- Arranging the logistics, transportation, shipping, customs, insurance for goods and service worldwide
- Making sure the UK exported or imported goods clear through customs; managing freight forwarders, customs agents, and brokers
- Managing timely submissions of export/import customs declarations to HMRC.
- At least 5 years of experience in procurement/supply chain management on international construction projects; especially rail, road, and renewables
- Expert knowledge of the duties and customs procedures for exporting and importing goods, and reporting rules
- Knowledge of the procurement lifecycle, commercial, transportation, and insurance contracts, INCOTERMS
- Awareness of construction technology, processes, materials, commercial and legal matters
- Excellent communication, teamwork, numerical & data analysis skills
- Any foreign language skills would be preferable
- The right to live and work in the UK.
If you fulfill all of the key criteria for this position, then please submit your application for the attention of Neill Donald to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your application is successful you will be contacted within 48 hours for a further discussion.