Linum Consult’s client is currently in the process of expanding in Asia and are seeking a Financial Controller to be based in their Tashkent office.
- Overseeing the financial management of the company’s business in Uzbekistan.
- Overseeing all aspects of accounting including accounts payable, accounts receivable, banks, payroll, inventory, fixed assets
- Maintaining general ledger accounts, ensuring proper and accurate journal entry preparation
- Establishing and maintaining a robust compliance framework, as well as maintaining and upgrading key business controls
- Managing the preparation and review of tax calculations, estimates, and reports
- Ensuring a robust tax compliance framework and the timely filing of all corporate tax returns
- Establishing an appropriate system and processes for tax risk management
- Establishing a sound treasury policy and delegation of financial authority matrix in accordance with the shareholders’ directives
- Ensuring proper cash flow planning with the aim of satisfying timely cash requirements of the business, and ensuring optimal capital structuring at all times
- Managing excess of liquidity and recommending measure to optimise returns from temporary cash investments in compliance with the established treasury policy
- Leading all activities related to the administration of the project financing arrangements in place
- University degree in Accounting, Finance, and/or Business Administration, ideally with a professional qualification such as CFA, CMA, CA, or ACCA
- Ideally have a master’s degree in Finance and/or Business Administration
- At least 15 years’ experience in financial management, with the last 5 years in a similar position of responsibility
- Familiarity with market-leading ERP systems and Financial Planning and Consolidation systems (Oracle preferred)
- Experience of implementing digital ERP processes into a large-scale organisation would be an added advantage
- Familiarity with Uzbek corporate tax laws and regulations
- Good knowledge of local GAAP and IFRS
- Previously worked for large international companies within multicultural business environments with the ability to manage local stakeholders
- General working knowledge of the energy or power industry is essential
- Ideally fluent in both Uzbek and English
If you feel that you have the right background of experience to take up this challenging position, then please formally submit your CV along with your current financial package details for the attention of Francis Ryan to email@example.com
If your application has been successful, then we will contact you within 72hrs.