Linum Consult’s client is a large international company specialising in power generation. They are urgently seeking a Head of Operations/COO to oversee and manage the day-to-day operations and functions of their African division. This role will be based in Lomé, Togo.
- Ensuring that power plants are operated and maintained in accordance with the Operations & Maintenance Manuals and to company standards
- Dispatching and notifying Power Stations for power operation
- Overseeing commercial and operational decision making
- Conducting technical reviews
- Establishing annual operation and maintenance plans in 5 years
- Ensuring environmental management and complying with company policies
- Maintaining relationships with customers and third parties, including government and local businesses
- Achieving gross margins, EBITDA, and profitability targets
- Developing and maintaining policies and procedures in accordance with overall company policy
- Ensuring that the site health and safety policy in place is effective and complies with legal and company standards, and ensure its implementation
- Coordinating with the Central Human Resources team on recruitment
- Ensuring that the procurement of spare parts, equipment, and furniture for power plants is completed in line with the planned operations of the plants and the budget
- Bachelor’s degree qualification in Engineering, Science or related technical subject
- At least 10 years’ experience in managing, inspecting, negotiating, monitoring, maintaining and operating 50-100 Mw or greater power plants
- Thorough knowledge of the mechanical and electrical makeup and operation of powered support systems, including their mechanical, electrical, hydraulic & pneumatic components, standard generators, and controls such as SCADA, switchgear, protection relays, substations, cables, transformers, etc.
- Experience in providing prime power O&M services to clients
- Very strong communication skills, with the ability to lead multiple divisions including Procurement, Accounting, HR, and HSE
- Excellent commercial understanding of Thermal/Combined Cycle/Biogas/Engine Power Plants
- Previously worked in an expat and multicultural environment
- Fluent in both French & English
If you fulfil all of the key criteria for this position, then please formally submit your CV along with your current financial package details for the attention of Frederick Thugniot at email@example.com
If you fulfil all the criteria stipulated, you will be contacted within 10 days. If you do not fulfil the minimum criteria, we may contact you regarding alternative positions.