Linum Consult’s client is a leading specialist sub-contractor, part of a larger Tier 1 major civil engineering group. Due to exceptional growth across the UK, they are urgently seeking a Contract Manager with a proven track record within the UK civil engineering market, to join their team in Sheffield.
- Ensuring effective delivery of various projects through the management of internal resources, adherence to the company’s and legislative procedures, and strong working relationships with all stakeholders
- Carrying out contract management in conjunction with the Commercial Team to ensure the company’s contractual position is protected and secured
- Assisting the tendering team to review productivity rates, sequence of works and the overall strategy and contract terms for successful project delivery
- Working with the commercial counterpart (Project QS) to produce and maintain the monthly cost reports (MCR) for all live projects
- Ensuring formal project handover meetings are undertaken for each project won
- Coordinating the resources, and the planning and production of works programmes
- Ensuring clients’ needs are clearly and correctly understood and communicated between all relevant parties
- Ensuring safety is managed to company and legal standards across all projects and through visible management of commitment to supporting the safety culture within the company
- 10 years’ post-graduation experience in the management of concurrent contracts gained from a Tier 2 contracting environment
- Degree qualification in Civil Engineering or equivalent in a relevant construction discipline
- NEBOSH Construction certificate
- Good working knowledge and experience of administering NEC form of contracts
- Ability to manage larger contracts with on-site management staff, as well as self-delivering smaller contracts directly with site operatives
- The right to live and work in the UK
If you fulfil ALL of the key criteria for this position, then please submit your application for the attention of Neill Donald to email@example.com. If your application is successful you will be contacted within 48 hours for a further discussion.