Linum Consult’s client is a major company operating out of the Middle East. Due to continued growth, they are seeking a junior to mid-level Lawyer to support their senior legal team in Qatar. You must be fluent in spoken and written Arabic & English.
- Ensuring the activities of the company are conducted lawfully and in compliance with all relevant contracts, procedures, and regulations
- Translating legal documents from English to Arabic and vice versa
- Supporting local lawyers with translations and documentation
- Liaising with the local courts
- Providing full legal service to their corporate departments
- Providing research and legal opinions concerning specific issues, such as Corporate & Commercial, Litigation, and Dispute Resolution
- Interfacing with key external government and private sector stakeholders
- Dealing with external solicitors in an efficient and cost-effective manner while obtaining external legal advice as required
- University degree in Law from a recognised law school, and admittance to a recognised Bar or holding a current practicing certificate issued by a recognised Law Society
- Around 3-5 years’ experience working in a private practice, ideally with experience as an in-house lawyer
- Certified Arabic translator, with a demonstrable history of translating legal documentation
- Familiarity with legal systems and local Qatari law would be preferable
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East is essential
If you fulfil all the key criteria for this position, then please formally submit your CV along with your current financial package details for the attention of Francis Ryan to email@example.com
If you fulfil all the criteria stipulated, you will be contacted within 24 to 48 hours. If you do not fulfil the minimum criteria, we may contact you regarding alternative positions.